Milk & Soy Sauce
I turned 30 today. Someone told me I'm now starting my fourth decade, which I didn't like at all because it already sounds like "40". But overall I'm comfortable with the idea of being 30.Some events today fit with what a birthday should be, but other parts didn't go well together at all. This morning at 3 AM when Emma decided to wake up and start a yelling session, I thought, "Yup - this kind of thing goes with being 30." On the other hand, because we've been consumed with our "To-Do" list before we leave, I woke up wanting to get things done. Here's some things I did today that you shouldn't normally do on a day of celebration:
- Dentist appointment first thing in the morning.
- Went to two different county courthouses, 45 minutes apart, in order to get some needed paperwork for our visa. Went to multiple departments in these courthouses only to find out that none of them could provide what we needed.
- Proceeded to the Department of Motor Vehicles to wait for a couple hours. The DMV is a hard one to swallow even on normal days! But Amy needed to renew her license early since we'll be out of the country. Luckily, this ended up working out and the guy graciously let her do it.
I should point out that these things didn't neccessarily make for a bad birthday, and that all of these tasks were of my initiation. My sweet wife kept trying to interject fun things for me, like going out to breakfast this morning (which I love but don't do very often). But by the afternoon it had dawned on me that I had actually gone to both the dentist and the DMV on my birthday - poor planning!
Anyway - I'm excited about the 30's. What an adventure the next years will be! It won't always be easy, but I'm so excited about going forward with the next stage of our life.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home