Wrong First Impressions
Friday night we were walking downtown when we passed a guy holding a clipboard. He had multiple piercings - lips, nose, eyebrows, etc. I did my usual thing of avoiding someone with a clipboard so as not to be roped into taking a survey or something. But suddenly this guy said, "Wait, this is weird, how do I know you?" I was thinking "Right..." But Amy stopped and did the same thing, "Yeah...how do I know you?"He started going through scenarios: "Do you know Dana?" "Did you go to __High?" I was trying to stay out of it, but Amy was as much into the exercise as he was.Finally he asks, "Did you ever go to Kafe Neo?" Amy shouted "Yes! That's it!"
Then we remembered - he was one of the employees at this little Greek restaurant we used to like. It was kind of a little hole in the wall, but they had good gyros. Sometimes the employees would blast music so they could go outside to sit on the curb and have a smoke break (leaving us in the restaurant). But apparantly we've been there a lot!
He was a nice guy, and we ended up talking for a little bit. He is actually headed to Sudan to work with children! The funny thing was, he started talking about how he used to spend Christmas with the families of the other restaurant employees. His words were that they were great people with "great family values"! The guy on the street with a bunch of facial piercings was headed to Sudan to work with kids, and was talking about the importance of family values.
Not at all what I expected!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home