Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Waterlogged

We've had some really bad weather the last several days. You might have seen on the news that it's been raining like crazy, leaving previous rainfall records in the dust.

It's also hit our house - our basement keeps flooding. The problem is that most of our stuff was in boxes in the basement. I first went down on Sunday evening to find water had come in all over the floor. I had to take everything out of the boxes and pile it on top of some furniture. We lost some books, and maybe a couple pieces of furniture. But it definitely wasn't as bad as it could have been with our stuff all getting wet.

Then, starting yesterday, the water is now seeping through the walls and is covering the floor by a couple inches. Amy was on bucket duty throughout the day yesterday, and I spent the evening scooping up water as well. However, an hour after you get it all cleaned up, it's all back again. I'm not sure how to beat it at this point, except to wait out the storm (which should take another day or so). Fun stuff!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home