Ahh Customer Service...
Tonight we had a little adventure with our stroller, and it gave me a new appreciation for conveniences in this country. We were out at the mall, and the little girlie (that's her name) was getting fussy. Hungry and tired. OK - time to go home. The only problem was, once we were back at the car, the stroller wouldn't collapse. We worked at it for about 20 minutes, and it just wouldn't budge. Since we couldn't get it in the car, that meant we'd either have to destroy it or donate it to the mall parking lot.
We were a little concerned because this weekend we're going on a little trip to Canada and would need the stroller. Finally, amazingly, I found the problem and got it to collapse. So we headed straight over to Babies R Us, and it was getting close to closing time.
So I walk in with a used stroller, several months old. No receipt, no packaging. It was bought for us by a family member in California. I explain the problem, and after a phone call with the manager, we're given the green light to just walk over and take out a brand new one. Don't even have to sign anything. Amazing.
Then it was a race for time, as I had to open the big box and begin assembling it in the parking lot as girlie is crying. (Remember how she was tired and hungry an hour ago?) There's cardboard, bubble wrap, and packaging around the parking lot as I set it up on the spot. But we can't go anywhere until I set up her car seat, etc.
Now we're back home, and I'm feeling kinda like old Jimmy here. A little harried, but very appreciative!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home